Invest today in trends that has the potential to shape the future.
Where experts invest1
Invest your money in the same companies as the world's most renowned investors.
Explore investment options that can align with your financial goals.
Other tools for finding investment ideas
Advanced Search Engines
Our experts, in your inbox
Financial instruments involve certain risks (market, credit, liquidity, currency, interest rate, sustainability, etc.), so there is a risk of losing all or part of the investment. The risks are detailed in the legal documentation of the product.
Thematic investing FAQS
What is thematic investing?
- Thematic investing is a way of investing in financial products classified by international market trends. This type of investment takes into account the potential to affect our day to day and produce changes in the future that these trends could have, beyond the more traditional criteria such as, for example, past performance, etc.
- Furthermore, through the strategic grouping financial products into trends, thematic investing lets you invest in themes that align with your interests and that can be adapted to your philosophy.
How does thematic investing differ from other forms of investment?
- The main difference between thematic investing and other forms of investment is that thematic investing focuses on identifying trends with a potential for the future. These trends reflect the contemporary challenges facing our society, such as climate change, aging populations, mobility, future food security and more.
- At Banco Santander, our investment strategies are rooted in comprehensive research reports conducted by our team of analysts.
What factors should be considered in a thematic investment?
- It is important to understand the purpose of each theme, as you will identify with it more or less depending on how it aligns with your values and beliefs. We also need to consider our understanding of the financial product and our risk aversion, as there are a variety of investment options available.
What types of assets can be invested in through themes?
- Each theme offers a wide range of investment options, including equities, ETFs and fixed-income bonds. Our team of analysts conducts thorough research on all options before incorporating them into our themes, being based on analysis reports.
How can I invest in themes?
- You can invest in the financial products of the available themes via your online banking (website and app) or in person at any branch.
Are the themes always the same?
- In today's ever-evolving world, Santander believes in being agile and responsive to the shifting landscape. Therefore, new themes will be added depending on international market trends.
Other related products
Access the stock markets. Invest in Spanish, European and international stock exchanges.
Discover the world of foreign currency trading.
Invest in government or corporate debt, for a fixed term withknown returns.
Invest over a fixed term, with known potential returns, linked to the performance of an asset.
Financial instruments involve certain risks (market, credit, liquidity, currency, interest rate, sustainability risk, etc.), and all or some of the investment may therefore be lost. The risks are listed in the product's legal documents.
Before taking any investment decision, investors must consult the information in the financial instrument's legal documentation (in the case of a Collective Investment Undertaking (CIU), in the Prospectus and in the Key Investor Information Document (KIID), available both from the relevant supervisory body and from the market where the instrument may be admitted to trading, if any, and on the website of the issuer or the management company. The decision to invest in a financial instrument must be taken in due consideration of all the characteristics or objectives of the financial instrument described in its legal documentation. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, and if the financial instrument is denominated in currencies other than the euro, performance may be better or worse as a result of monetary fluctuations.
The opinions expressed in investment and analysis reports reflect the personal opinions of the analysis teams producing them at the time of issuance and they may be amended. Provision of such information does not constitute the provision of an investment advisory service. Under no circumstance may this information be used or considered as a buy or sell offer. Any investment decision by the recipient of this information must be taken in due consideration of the legal documentation for the financial instrument concerned.
Any returns obtained from investments will be taxed based on the tax legislation that applies to the personal situations of investors and may vary in the future.
This is an advertising communication for commercial purposes. The information contained herein is not contractual and is not a legal requirement; nor should it be treated as a recommendation to invest or any form of advice, and it is not sufficient in itself as the basis for a decision to invest.
© BANCO SANTANDER, S.A. All rights reserved. Registered office: Paseo de Pereda, 9-12. SANTANDER. Tax ID A-39000013.
1. Information on stock positions as of the latest quarterly (13F) publication with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC). Financial instruments that form part of the investment positions of referred investors may not include within their target market clients classified as retail.
You might be interested in
What are Treasury bills?
Online course to learn about investment
STAY UP TO DATE
Join the Telegram channel