I. SECOND INFORMATIVE LAYER - COOKIES POLICY
- What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that are stored on the user's device when browsing the Internet or other types of platforms and applications (for example, apps for smart phones and tablets) and these contain a number that allows the user's device to be uniquely identified, even if they change location or IP address.
Generally speaking, these technologies may be used for a wide range of purposes, such as, recognising you as a user, obtaining information on your browsing habits or behaviour on the Site or even offering you personalised advertising based on the foregoing. The specific use we make of these technologies is detailed further on.
This Site is accessible without the need for cookies to be enabled, although if disabled, this may limit the use of certain services or prevent them from operating correctly in the event that the Site is unable to execute certain functions.
- Data protection
You can manage your consents in relation to the Cookies used by the Bank at the following link: HERE
- Types of Cookies that are used
The user who browses the site may find cookies embedded directly by the owner of the site or cookies embedded by third parties, in accordance with the information detailed in the following section:
4.1. According to their purpose (proprietary and third party cookies).
Below is an explanation of the categories of cookies that may be installed on the user's device according to purpose and considering that, in accordance with the information in the table regarding each individual cookie, said cookies may be installed by the owner of the site or by third parties:
- Technical cookies. These allow the user to browse the Site and use the different options or services available, including those used to permit the management and operation of the Site and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the elements forming an order, performing the purchase process of an order, managing the payment, controlling the fraud associated with the security of the service, performing the registration request or participation in an event, counting visits for the purposes of invoicing the software licences used by the Site, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (for example, animation for loading a text or image) or sharing content via social media.
Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature and provided that they are not used for other non-exempt purposes, are those cookies that allow advertising spaces to be managed in the most efficient manner possible as these are an element associated more with the design or layout of the service offered to the user included in the site, application or platform, based on the criteria such as the edited content. These do not gather information on the users for other purposes, such as the personalisation of this advertising content or other content.
- Preference or customisation cookies: These cookies allow the storage of information so that the user may access the service with specific characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser used by the user to access the service or the region from which the service is accessed, etc.
However, if it is the user who chooses these characteristics (for example, if they select the language of our website by clicking on the corresponding country flag icon), and only for this purpose, this will be considered as a service expressly requested by the user and consent will not be requested for installation.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour on the Site, including the quantification of the impacts of the adverts. The information gathered using this type of cookie is used to measure the Site's activity, with the aim of introducing improvements depending on the analysis of the data and the use made of the service by the users.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. These cookies gather information on user behaviour through the continued monitoring of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed so that appropriate advertising may be displayed.
4.2. Depending on the managing entity:
- Own cookies: these are installed on the user's device by a computer or domain managed by the Site's owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are installed on the user's device by a computer or domain not managed by the Site's owner but rather another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
4.3. According to the period of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: these are designed to gather and store data whilst the user has access to a Site. These cookies are not stored on the user's device when the session expires or the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data continues to be stored on the user's device when they leave the Site and may be accessed and processed during a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, which could be a few minutes or several years.
The cookies we use are detailed below:
- How to disable or delete cookies
The user will be able to withdraw or adjust their consent relating to cookies at any time, through the settings panel referred to in section 3 and as detailed in the following Link HERE, through common platforms that may exist for this purpose or using your browser.
If a user wishes to withdraw their consent via the browsers that they use, they must configure the browser as described below:
(i) Microsoft Internet Explorer: in the "Tools" menu, selecting "Internet options" and then "Privacy".
(ii) Firefox, for the Mac version open the “Preferences” menu, select “Privacy”, and go to the section "Display Cookies" and for the Windows version, go to the “Tools" menu, select "Options", go to "Privacy" and then "Use a personalised configuration for the history".
(iii) Safari, in the Safari option, select "Preferences", then "Privacy".
(iv) Google Chrome, open the “Tools” menu or the Chrome tab (for the Mac version), select "Options" ("Preferences" for the Mac version), then go to "Advanced settings" and then the "Privacy and security" option and "website settings" and then click "Cookies and site data".
Bear in mind that if you have accepted third-party cookies, you must eliminate these through the browser options. In this regard, it is recommended to consult the support section of your browser or access the support web pages of the main browsers:
- Policy Validity Date:
This policy was last amended on 15 September 2020, and may be subject to subsequent changes as and when required by the legislation in force at any time, or when there is a change in the use of the cookies used by this Site, in which case, and where necessary, consent for their use will be requested.
To ensure that you are informed at all times regarding the cookies we use and their purposes, we recommend that you view the content of this policy when you visit our Site