How do I make a domestic transfer?
If you want to make a domestic transfer, you can do so via Banco Santander Online Banking or by using our App. It's a super easy process in either case.
Via Online Banking
To make a domestic transfer via the website, log into your Online Banking by entering your password and follow these steps:
- In the main menu, click on “Accounts and cards” and then “Transfers-One Pay-Bizum”. A window with different options will be displayed, including a list of the transfers you've already made.
- Choose the type of transfer you want. If you pick “Domestic transfer”, you can choose between:
— Standard transfer, which is instant between Santander accounts and takes between 24-48 hours for transfers to other banks.
— Immediate transfer, for on-the-spot transfers of up to 15,000 euros.
— Send money to a mobile phone using Bizum, an immediate and free-of-charge service.
— Withdraw money with code, to withdraw cash without using a card at any Santander ATM.
- Once you have selected the transfer type, simply enter the recipient's name and IBAN or bank account number.
- Complete the transaction by entering the requested positions of your electronic signature, along with the code you will have received on your mobile phone to authorise the transaction.
Via the Santander App
To make a domestic transfer using the Santander App, log into your global position (accounts overview) by entering your password and follow these steps:
- Select the account from which you would like to make the transfer. In the options menu, you will see “Send money”.
- A “New transfer” menu will then appear where you can select the option that best suits your needs (Transfers to other banks / Transfers between Santander accounts / Bizum / One Pay FX / To an ATM). You can also choose recipients who you have already marked as favourites and view transfers you have made recently or those you have scheduled.
- If you choose the “Transfer to another entity” option, you will be presented with a series of screens where you will need to enter information about the account of origin, the amount you wish to transfer, the name and IBAN of the recipient and when you want to make the transfer (today, another day, or on a regular basis). Complete the transaction by entering the requested positions of your electronic signature, along with the code you will have received on your mobile phone to authorise the transaction.