How do I activate a card?
If you have received a new debit or credit card, you can activate it via Santander Online Banking or by using the Santander App.
Via your Online Banking
Use your password to access your Online Banking and follow these steps:
- In the top menu, click on "Accounts and cards" and then "Cards".
- Choose the card you wish to activate and select "Activate card".
- You will need a valid and active electronic signature to complete the process. The platform will ask you to add your signature.
Via the Santander App
Use your password to log in to your home page (accounts overview) and follow these steps:
- Go to your accounts overview
- Select the card you wish to activate, where you will see the words “Start to use”.
- This will bring up a screen where you can activate the card by entering your electronic signature.
If you know the PIN for your new card, you can also activate it by using it to pay for something in any store or establishment (for purchases of €50 or more), or by making a cash withdrawal at an ATM. You cannot activate your card by paying online. Remember that you can find your nearest ATM by using our branch and ATM locator.