Pay your bills and taxes without fees and without having to travel
From the Santander App
Manage your bills or taxes which are not paid directly through your account from the App, web or an ATM.
You just need to have an activated electronic signature or electronic DNI.
You can set up a direct debit for your bills without leaving the comfort of your home, in the account you want.
How can I pay my bills?
- From "Overall position" in the App, open the top menu and click on "Bills and taxes".
- Click on "Pay a bill".
- Choose the account from which you want to pay the bill.
- Check the details and enter your security code.
- Scan the barcode on your bill (accept access to your camera).
- Review the data of the bill you want to pay, we will show you an overall summary.
- You can set up a direct debit for the bill by pressing the box "Pay all the receipts from this issuer by direct debit in the selected account".
- Enter the 4 requested positions of your signature code and press "Accept".
- You have now paid your bill, and if you have set up a direct debit, it will be saved.
How can I pay taxes?
- You must know which administration collects each tax. Go to the corresponding website, and from there access its virtual office.
- To enter the virtual office, you will have to verify your identity. You can so using your Electronic DNI or an accepted electronic certificate.
- Select the tax that you want to pay and fill in the corresponding form. When it is time to pay, the system will open a secure payment gateway through which you will complete the electronic payment of the tax. Normally you will be able to pay by card or by debiting your account, but always through a collaborating entity adhering to the system (practically all banks and savings banks that operate in Spain, including Banco Santander).
- In order to complete the procedure, the collaborating bank that has managed the payment will generate a NRC (Número de Referencia Completo - Complete Reference Number), which will identify the tax payment made and that will be required for the administration to complete the procedure.
You might be interested in
How to withdraw money without a card
How to pay using your mobile
How long does a bank transfer take?
Find out more
What to do in case of theft or loss of a credit card?